Matthew J. in action at Alki Beach, 2011
2. Gift certificates available.
• fosters peace of mind
• Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
• Helps relieve mental stress
• Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
• Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
• Emotional Benefits
• Satisfies need for caring, nurturing touch
• Fosters feeling of well being
• Reduces levels of anxiety
• Creates body awareness
• Increases awareness of mind-body connection
"Phoebe has made an enormous positive impact on my physical life. I'm a long distance runner and ultimate frisbee player. Phoebe has helped me work through the various "bumps along the road" that happen to every athlete. Working with her has been a true joy. I recommend her to any athlete—especially fellow ultimate players."
Source: AMTA - American Massage Therapy Association
• Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
• Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
• Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments;
reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
• Reduces muscle spasms
• Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
• Enhances athletic performance; treats injuries caused during sport or
• Promotes deeper and easier breathingImproved circulation of blood
and movement of lymph fluids
• Reduces blood pressureHelps relieve tension-related headaches and
effects of eye-strain
• Enhances the health & nourishment of the skinImproves posture
• Strengthens the immune systemTreats musculoskeletal
problemsRehabilitation post operativeRehabilitation after injury
""Thank you so much for your bodywork on this sixty-six (66) year old powerlifter. Your work allowed me to set state records at the 2011 Alki and the Columbia City Classic powerlifting competitions. You provided soothing touches to tired muscles and had the strength to reach problem areas through dense muscle tissue."
"I have had lower back pain for many years and have been to several different massage therapists. Nobody has paid as much attention to the cause and cure as Phoebe did. She took the time to listen to me and educate me on posture and the effected muscles. Her concern was fixing the problem, not masking it! I'm happy to say my back feels great now and I wouldn't hesitate returning to see Phoebe if the pain returns."
"I'd wanted to try massage for a long time, and finally took the plunge with Phoebe. She is fantastic! I'm in my late 50s, struggling with arthritis, and her massage therapy is the best thing I've tried yet. Not to mention the deep sense of relaxation and peacefulness that comes from her talented touch. She listens to your needs, adjusts her massage accordingly, and works with you to get the best results possible. I am so thankful I found Phoebe!
(continued) ... Again, thank you. I will continue to sing your praises, not only to people at the gym, but to anyone I meet that may need and appreciate your massage services.